CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter

When I was a child I had an aunt who would put together a dinner and Easter egg hunt. To this day it doesn't seem like Easter without family and friends to celebrate. So, we put the packing aside for a few hours and had 17 of our friends and family (making a grand total of 22 people) over for dinner and of course the Hunt. People said I was crazy and I probably am but boy was it fun. The count:

2 hams
92 rolls
31 hard boiled eggs
3 dishes of potatoes
67 plastic eggs
Barrels of laughter and fun


Faith always seems to be helping someone. Did you notice? It is Seattle and the kids aren't wearing sweatshirts or raincoats!!!! The weather let up and gave us this one absolutely beautiful day to celebrate.


Ethyn was the last to be let out of the house. I knew once he got loose the game was over. Bishop Sears had hidden a few especially with Ethyn in mind. Supposedly they were quite the challenge but Ethyn made short work of it.



Here's the happy crew. The hard boiled eggs were surprisingly the favorites for the kids. There were shells everywhere. This was the first egg hunt for 2 of our guests. An infant, Jackson, and my 81 year old great-great uncle who was born not long before the Great Depression.

4 comments:

wandering nana said...

Thank you for such a great time. You truly ROCK,, moving and packing and you still take the time to do for others. What are we going to do without you and your family. I will really miss you :*(

Grossarths said...

It was so much fun to see you this past weekend. What a great surprise! Maybe you should come back so that you can hold Jackson! I'm glad I finally got to see your blog. Keep in touch!

wandering nana said...

ARE YOU EVER GOING TO POST AGAIN? HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO KEEP TRACK OF THINGS IF YOU DON'T POST.?????

Erin Anderson said...

I remember aunt Traceys (If this is who you are talking about ) easter egg hunts! I miss them too!