CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Snowshoeing

I had so much fun today!!! I went snowshoeing on our YMYW combined activity. I had never gone snowshoeing before so I was really worried about coordination and such but it was actually really easy and so much fun. This is our group below. Tawnya, Michelle, Stacey, me, Emma, Anna, Michael, Kaycie and Ravyn. The YM leaders had already gone to the car.



Kyle and Emma sliding off the roof.

Anna and Kaycie in a snowcave. Ravyn was in there too but back behind. I couldn't get a good picture because my camera kept shutting off (low battery).



Isn't it so beautiful here in Washington!!! It was one of those days when you look out and see how blessed you truly are. Heavenly Father gave us such a beautiful world.

When I got ready to go my hubby still had not found my boots so I had to wear his (not his fault, we haven't seen them since we moved). I ended up wearing a pair of his boots. Now surely everyone reading this knows what happens when you wear boots that don't fit right. Yep, you got it. . .blisters. This was a 4-mile hike. 2 in, 2 out. By the first mile in my feet hurt on the pad right below my second toe. I tried so hard to tough it out but about a 1/2 mile later I knew I wouldn't make it all the way. Bro. Goodwin (Mr. REI himself) had me take my boots off, check for blisters and put moleskin on. No blisters yet. By the time I got to the picnic area for lunch (2 miles in) I had 2 very large blisters (1 on each foot). 1 is the size of a quarter and the other the size of a 50 cent piece, and I still had to hike 2 miles out. Our ward has the best YM leaders ever. Bro. Goodwin put another layer of moleskin on and taped my foot up and Bro. Grossarth traded shoes with me.
My husband is so wonderful. When I got home he had a hot bath waiting for me. He knew I'd be sore and boy am I. He even had a good movie waiting. I am going to get a lot of ribbing tomorrow as I hop-a-long to church.

0 comments: