CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 28, 2008

Beloved Pres. Hinckley has died

We had some friends over for dinner last night when we found out out beloved prophet, President Hinckley had died. I was shocked, but I then felt a sense of joy as I thought about how much he has missed his wife and now he is with her again. I can only imagine this great scene as he sees her again. Oh, how I loved this prophet!!! He was such a wonderful, humble man. He always had a way of making me feel a little taller and beckoning me onward. Whatever I was doing was good and wonderful. That always made me feel as though I could do even better.


These words come from FoxNews.com:

Mayor Ralph Becker, who is not Mormon, said Hinckley made it a habit to reach out to other religions: "He was such a unifier, someone who was warm and engaging and respecting of everyone who he encountered."
Jeanetta Williams, president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People in Idaho, Nevada and Utah, praised Hinckley for taking interest in her causes. Only about 1 percent of Utah's population is black.
"President Hinckley was always concerned about the way people treated one another, and each time that he and I spoke, he always asked how I was being treated by the people in Utah and on my job," she said.


Many other things were said about him but I loved these because they are an example of how we should always treat others. It is just how the bible tells of the stories of Jesus. What an example to us he was. It does not matter who, what, where a person is the are a human being, a child of God and for that they are to be respected. I will always remember Pres. Hinckley and the great love that he showed for all people. Thank you Pres. Hinckley. We love you and will always try to follow your example.

0 comments: